What in the world?!
Monday, January 19, 2009

My cancer stricken MIL told me this Saturday evening that she doesn't like the fact that I go out every weekend.... nigga whut?!

My own parents don't even say such things to me, where do other people get the nerve to give me shit like that? My parents are happy that I finished school and that I'm working now and living life like I want to.

She is very sick so I didn't react like I wanted to, I was also a bit flabbergast so I just said I work all week and that it's very hard for me to act all grown and boring 5 days a week and that I really need to let my hair down on weekends. B is more than welcome to come along but he isn't so into partying anymore and his friends aren't either. But he's 7 years older than me, so it's quite normal that we have these differences. They'd prefer that I'd sit home with B every night. Have I got news for you, that's never gonna happen! Well, it is, eventually but only if I choose to myself. I'm glad that I have such nice, active friends with whom I can paint the town red whenever I want. She asked me what time I got home on Friday and I didn't dare say I danced all night and hit the sack around 5:45. I'm not 14 anymore!!!!!

Labels:






4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You are young, you should be painting the town red as often as you can. I wouldn't worry to much with what "B's" mom says until, say, you have a ring on your finger. Trust me, one day - if you want - you will be a mom and everyday will be "stuck at home" not living the party life anymore....lol (or very rarely I should say.)

January 19, 2009 at 5:59 PM 


Anonymous Jenn had this to say:

You gotta be you no matter what is going on with her being sick.

January 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM 


Blogger phd girl had this to say:

maybe she meant it as wise advice, maybe she thinks she is dying or feels like crap and feels she needs to tell you to live healthier. ya never know, give people the benefit of the doubt, especially when they are a little sick (or a lot sick, either way.) I had a great time while raising children--I went out plenty with girlfriends because the kids had two parents, so we never felt our children put us into a rut.

January 29, 2009 at 6:18 PM 


Blogger Anonymous had this to say:

doesn't B want to go out to dinner on the weekend or go to see a film with you or something? If he doesn't just go out with your friends.

January 29, 2009 at 7:23 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)