Music! And lots of it.
Friday, January 2, 2009



B got me a harmonica for Christmas. And a blender. Two things I always wanted to have. So I'm blending all kinds of fruits these days, and I think I'm gonna hit the supermarket tomorrow and see what kind of vegetables are good to, you know, blend. Maybe celery? Of Zucchini? I guess it has to be soft but it also has to mesh well with fruits. Oh well.

Anyways, I've been on youtube for a while, practicing harmonica. There are lots a good harmonica teachers on there, there's this guy called JP Allen and he's just sooooo nice and sweet and motivating, it's almost sickening. He's an out of this world teacher. You should check out his site.

I've been listening to Captain Beefheart and Blind Melon for inspiring harmonica tunes. I love it! I'm a bit high on playing right now, and I mean that literally from the heavy breathing and all.

When I was around 14, 15 y/o I used to listen to a lot of Blind Melon records. I got a cassette from an older girl in high school, I remembered she had really nice handwriting and she'd written the name of the album and the songs so neatly on the tape packaging or whatever the hell you call those things in English. So, when I dicovered I really liked the album I bought it and listened to it day and night. That's how I rolled in my teens!
I really digged their versatile music and the true lyrics. I haven't listened to them in a long while but I've rediscovered it this week. Shannon Hoon, the singer died of an overdose and they haven't really found another singer who could replace him. So it's sad that you have this 5 dudes who make something really beautiful and meaningful together as a team and then one man dies and it's never the same after that.

There's this clip on youtube where the teen daughter of the singer, Nico, comes up and performs one of her dad's songs. She was just a tiny baby, only a few months (not weeks) old when her dad died. This stuff breaks my heart.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

I can play 1 song on harmonica

Planxty Irwin (an Irish song)

January 2, 2009 at 7:34 PM 


Anonymous Jenn had this to say:

I have fun memories of my grandpa playing a harmonica.
Sounds like you'll be making a lot of fun memories of your own.

January 5, 2009 at 9:14 AM 


Blogger taco had this to say:

where the hell is you? Happy new year!

January 6, 2009 at 6:04 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)