The less burden the better
Sunday, December 14, 2008

I used to care a lot about what my family thought of me. You know, grannies, mom, dad, uncles, nieces and nephews. I'm 27 now and I've realized that I do not anymore. At one point I started to care less and less and it's still descending as we speak. I like it. I feel much more free right now but I feel a bit more alone too. There was a time when my mom was still with her second husband and we'd go visit a uncle or granny every weekend. We ate together, we hung out and around 10 pm I'd leave to go into town with my friends. That was the case every weekend.
I also went to have dinner at my dad's every week, sometimes more often than that.

And now, I haven't been around to my mom's house since this summer. I get to see my dad 2 months a year on average. The rest of the year we talk on the telephone and I still tell him everything. I confide in him and it's great.

Lots of stuff happened in the past years and I think my life is going the way God intended. Sometimes it's hard but it's good to know things happen and not happen because they're supposed to.

Labels: ,






1 Comments:
Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

27 is a odd year, isnt it?

for me it was when I realized I was grown (emotionally) and weird things no longer surprised me. I was still optimistic, but family drama began to bore me, and I was no longer interested in being referee in the squabbles between my siblings.
I felt removed for the first time... which is probably why I felt more grown up too. I had always thought I was independent, but at 27 I truly became independent.

December 14, 2008 at 7:33 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)