What's important?
Monday, November 10, 2008

I took the first step in paying off my student loan today. Out here, you don't have to start paying untill 2 years after you've graduated. But I have a bigass debt and I have to pay interest. Not a lot of interest, the lowest of all but still. It's a waste of money! So I've paid off a hundred bucks, I think I'm gonna be paying like 400 every month in 2010, aaaah! But if I keep up earning like this, it'll all be good. I've been having trouble getting out of the red figured once again so I started writing down what I make and spend. I can see clear right now that it all goes to eating (out) and clothes. And presents. It's better for me if I start buying cheaper presents! But that doesn't feel good...

I guess money isn't all that important, health is. And with my MIL being sick like that, stuff like this seems trivial. But, I have to look farther than tomorrow. And that's what I'm doing I suppose. I've skipped yogaclass for two weeks in a row because of all the tumult, but I'm really looking forward to going tonight. I've taken a day off today. Yahoo!!

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:
Anonymous Diana had this to say:

aww...you sound stressed! don't worry, your debt will be paid in due time. they say student loans are "good" debt. not that any debt is good, but it's not as bad as some things on your credit report, and Im sure the education will pay for itself.

have you thought about trying to make gifts instead of buying them? you can save money that way, but then you're out on time. i am hoping to make most of my gifts for the holidays this year, but i am attempting to make an afghan, so i'm not sure how that's going to end up.

anywho, go you for taking your first step to paying off your debt!

:) Diana

November 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick had this to say:

we all had to pay off student loans.... sigh.

just buy fewer presents. good luck with the afghan (is this some sort of cloning project ?) another mouth to feed, too.

November 14, 2008 at 7:44 PM 


Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

this is a good time to start tightening your belt, the whole world seems to be worried about finances. You won;t be the only one enjoying the simple pleasure and cutting back on luxuries and impulse buying.

November 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)