Mom
Sunday, November 2, 2008

We found out last week that B's mom has lungcancer.

The whole family is devastated, and it hurts my heart to see my man in such a state.
We've been going over there almost every night and while it's good to be with her, especially now that she seems quite healthy it's weird because you want to be with someone because you want to and not because she might be dying in a not so long while.

It definitely makes you realize what's important: family, friends, health. And what's not: money, work, desires that you have.
But how sick is it that someone has to go and get terminally ill before you get it?

B's Mom (and Dad) are always hasseling me to get pregnant. In the beginning of our relationship I found it very funny and even flattering. I mean, I wouldn't ask a girl to have my son's child if I didn't love her. After a while, and for a part because B and I had hit shaky grounds more than once, I found it very irritable that these people kept jerking my chain. Djeez, I was only like 22 or 23 at the time, I was still in uni and for fuck's sake I was from another family and my parents taught me to get a decent education, start a carreer of some sort, explore the world for a bit, go out and sow my damn wild oats and THEN when I hit my late 20s/early 30s, IF I have the right man beside me, start raising a family. I My God, what was I, a duck in a battery?? I confronted them at one point and they mellowed out a bit more. But B told me that his mom brought up the subject a bit more often these last few months. And I keep wondering, did she know she wasn't going to be old? Did she have a premonition? And now I keep thinking about the kid we don't have and the kids we're going to have and whom she might not even get to see. B's such a momma's boy, and I know how that feels since I'm a real daddy's girl. It would be hell for him to loose her. She's only 56. It's not fair.

It's so heart breaking, shit like this. She's having chemotherapy this week. I'm praying for a miracle.

Labels: , , ,






2 Comments:
Anonymous Jenn had this to say:

Wow, that's a hard one! How sad. I feel for all of you involved.
I do understand how "not fair" life can be. We have had out share of loss over the last couple of years.

November 2, 2008 at 5:37 PM 


Blogger Michele had this to say:

OH! How awful. I'm so sorry for B and his family (and you, of course)

November 26, 2008 at 6:31 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)