Dealing with all the moms
Saturday, November 22, 2008

I don't have a lot of time for hanging out behind my comp. I read blogs at work during lunch but work's not a place to go scribbling down my nonsense.
Things are a bit crazy, with work (I have a job interview this week, too, yay!) and B's mom (she's getting her second chemo this week) and just trying to take time for ourselves too. We went to see a play yesterday and had a late night sushi dinner after that. The play was good. At one point the lead went on about everything falling in life. And he was so right. Regimes, Twin Towers, your sick mom, your saggy skin. That's life.

I called my mom yesterday to, to be honest complain for a moment about being sometimes somewhat irritated by B's fam. It's not something big but we've been going around almost every night and I never did that. So to be around people that much will cause some minor shit and I thought I could confide in my mom. Well guess not. She didn't understand and kept telling me to go less often, and then she told me that I didn't go to my great grandmother that often either so why do I go to my MIL so frequently?! And then she wanted to know what days I went. I was a bit disappointed in her. What did my great grandmother had to do with it??? She was like a hundred years old and I was still in uni at the time and I had to give presentations and take exams and stuff. That was a whole different time. And I believe I have to be there with B and not bail out on him. It's his MOM for Christ's sake and she's only 56!

Oh well. I haven't been going around my mom's a lot lately so I guess that plays a role too.
I'm gonna have lunch and go for a bit of shopping with Kimberly and we're going out for Greek food for B's dad's birthday tonight. Hope you have good one!

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

relax, come to Nyack and chill with the sqwirl/ and I do mean chill on some days. brrrr

my word verification is vatatio (that is a vacation where you party a lot and get a tattoo and don't remember getting it (oh!)

November 24, 2008 at 4:06 PM 


Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

This comment has been removed by the author.

November 24, 2008 at 4:06 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)