When I was a little kid...
Sunday, October 12, 2008

I was totally confused about who the REAL James Bond was. In every Bond movie I saw another man being Bond and I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. I kept asking my brother who the real James Bond was and he kept explaining that they were all James Bond. At some point he must have lost his patience because he screamed at me: There isn't one James Bond, they are actors who play the same role, why don't you get it!!!

I used to hear about plane crashes in the news and people always referred to the black box. I thought the black box was a box that when the shit had really hit the fan, and there wasn't anything the pilot could do anymore, he could open the box and every technical problem he had would magically be solved and the people in the plane would be saved. I genuinely thought the black box had magic powers.

Guess I was a bit dim. But when I think of the way my mind worked as a kid, I just can't help but smile and feel a bit sorrowful that it doesn't work like that anymore.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)