What if my Dad acted like this?? Shhh....
Sunday, September 21, 2008

I have a Facebook account. I don't do a lot with it, I only have a handful friends but I like to send a message once in a while, especially to people I don't really hang out with on a regular basis.

Last year, I was an intern at a marketing& communications firm. The internship sucked ass and I was glad to get the fuck out of there. There was one copywriter at the firm and he was very nice to me. I interviewed him and he gave me some assignments and that was that. So, last week the writer, who's two years older than my Dad (?!) decided to add me and asked how I was doing. I was genuinely pleased to hear something from him and shot him a message about graduating, travelling through Asia and stuff like that. It was all good. But then, of course, he asked me if I wanted to meet him to which I answered that I don't think there are enough common denominators to meet in real life. And that I really appreciated him and I hoped I didn't hurt his feelings with my answer. And this morning I got a msg that said:

You really jump to conclusions. How do you know we don't have enough in common? That's what I'd like to find out. The marketing and communications business, Asia are some things that I can think off that we could talk about over some coffee or a beer. I just like you and want to get to know you better, because we didn't had the chance back then. So, what do you say?

Dude just doesn't take no for an answer. And you know how proud I was of myself for being so mature to tell him the truth instead of just ignoring him all together? Because that's what the old, juvenile me would do. And I'm trying to grow up here and do the right things but SOME PEOPLE JUST WON'T LET ME!!!

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick had this to say:

Write him back and tell him you and your dad would love to meet for coffee. or just bring your dad.

September 22, 2008 at 12:28 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick had this to say:

re-reading his msg-- I'd write


I think you are jumping to conclusions. I simply do NOT want to meet and was being as polite as possible.
No Thank you.

September 22, 2008 at 12:30 PM 


Anonymous Jenn had this to say:

Hm, I don't know. I'd probably write back and say I was trying to be polite and just don't want to meet.

September 26, 2008 at 11:40 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)