I love Greece
Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We're back! We flew in yesterday and we sure had a nice time! Can't wait to book our next vacation!

We laughed our asses off, although some other people, including our downstairs neighbours didn't find us so funny. On the first night there, we went to have some cocktails and after 2 Long Island Ice Teas (my favourite cocktails, they make me stand upside down; I looooove it!) we decided to go to the appartment and not get wasted. But, fate decided otherwise. We got talking to two 18-year old rugby players from England who offered us Sambuca shots and we ended up in this dingy little discotheque drunk out of our minds on Sambuca. I NEVER drink that shit. Next thing I knew I woke up in out appartment, B's asleep with vomit next to him on the floor and the balcony. He tried to put it on me, and I did puke, however in the TOILET, where you're supposed to. So as the good girlfriend that I am (haha, once or twice a year, when the wind blows at a good angle), I cleaned up his puke by filling buckets of hot water and scrubbing the floor with a clothe using my feet (with my new slippers on them, I really lost a few braincells that evening). But the water went down and the downstairs neighbours were not amused. B apologized and the rest of the vacation we drank one alcoholic beverage per night max. We had more than enough of drinking, plus this way, we could save us some money.

On another night we (and by that I mean I) were laughing too loud I suppose, and it was 01:30 but the new neighbours didn't really have to shout: "Silence!!! We're trying to sleep!!!" like B and I were her dogs! B gave her some lip back but we were quiet after that.

I have a day off today to do some laundry, clean up a bit around here and run some errands. It's already 14:05 right now so I'd bettery haul ass.

Here are some picbits from our lovely vacation. It really was lovely although it may not seem like it from the short, gross stories above.



How could one not love Greece? The mountains are so beautiful! Nature is so pretty out there. Of course, everywhere, but you know what I mean...



This was in the highest village of Samos, where we ate Moussaka. Moussaka's yummy!

We had to walk in this water to get to a waterfall. It was exciting because you didn't know what to expect. We had to change into our swimming outfits, 'cause it was too deep to go in you normal clothes. A nice lady offered to mind our bags when we were checking the fall out. We bumped into her and her husband a few times after that, on the island.



The fall was small! But nice, nevertheless.


This lady was not so nice. I waved and she didn't wave back. B took this picture and to punish her, I'm putting her on the blog!! Hahaha!

You can't really see much but this is Pythagoras' cave. They say he hid out here when he had a fight with another baller in those days.

The cow had to be helped up a mountain road.
I will post some more pics later. I'm gonna go clean my bathroom now! Hope you had a nice end of summer!

Labels: ,






3 Comments:
Blogger Bob Dylan had this to say:

Glad to hear you had a lot of fun. Sambuca will kill ya. I have a bottle here--many years old, not yet opened as I'm waiting for just the right knuckleheads to happen by.

the old biddy needs to NOT live in a fabulous tourist spot --tourists must be near her all of the time.

September 4, 2008 at 9:20 AM 


Blogger taco had this to say:

Sambuca and a wild chick. poor old B.

September 4, 2008 at 8:12 PM 


Blogger Just Beachy had this to say:

When I go to the neighbors they always seem to offer the sambuca. I have a love/hate relationship with it :) Loved the pictures by the way.

September 7, 2008 at 5:55 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)