Factory Girl is worth seeing
Sunday, September 14, 2008


Emily and I went to see "Factory Girl" last night. I really liked it, the clothes were wonderful and I really think Sienna Miller can act. The cast in all was very good, they were all believable. Warhol is portrayed as an ass in this movie, the story was a bit too much one-sided for my taste. You know, people fight and break up (though they weren't lovers as far as I know) and it's impossible to put it all on one person.
It also made me think about fame, and how I always thought that lots of people these days are waaaay too obsessed with fame. You know, with all theTV shows about modelling, Big Brother, Idols and all that crap. But, this movie made me realize the search for fame is something of all times, people always had the need to be known, loved and never forgotten. Why is that? We're just a bunch of animals.

Oh and I don't know about Bob Dylan, what's up with that guy? He's always portrayed as this super smart, mysterious, larger than life guy... but he's just an animal too, isn't he?

I say go see!

Labels:






4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

she actually loved Bob Nuewirth. He was the love of her life, the one she was crazy about. All the drugs, nothing is accurate when recalled later. All boys are animals anyway.

September 15, 2008 at 9:25 AM 


Blogger goatman had this to say:

Dylan has always seemed to me to be uncomfortable with his fame; preferring instead to sing his music and be left alone.
If you read some lyrics this comes through as well. Ref: checkout words to "Desolation Row" and realize he was in the slums of New Orleans when he wrote it.
Or better yet, listen to the music!

September 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM 


Anonymous Jenn had this to say:

Thanks for the post. I was wondering about this movie. Now it's on my list.

September 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM 


Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis would like to see a real film of a drunken twentysomething girl fighting with her boyfriend. rather than a made up movie. See the real thing!

September 22, 2008 at 6:30 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)