Don't walk away
Saturday, September 20, 2008

So, after my boss went beserk on Friday, I called in sick on monday. I thought he could just shove the job up his ass. So I called the sales manager in the morning, explained what happened, although she already heard about the debacle from colleagues and she told me she'd think of something. By 11 a.m. my boss called. He offered his apologies (twice), told me I was just in the wrong place at the wrong moment and that he was under a lot of stress. And that he really trusted me and that he thought very highly of me. I went back to work the next day and although I won't forget how he yelled at me and threw his stuff around and just went crazy, I decided to give it another shot.

My mom said it's part of growing up, having to deal with shit like this. And that I shouldn't walk away from problems, even at work.
I'm gonna negotiate my contract next week. Wish me luck!

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick had this to say:

I hope this helps--once one of my bosses couldn't get a file because it was locked up and the key holders were not at their desks. He began screaming and kicking the metal cabinet over and over. He made a lot of noise and people ran away. He screamed "I am KING around here, do you all understand? I am THE KING! Without me you're all nothing! I will have the keys!" His wife rushed over and unlocked the cabinet for him and then he acted all normal and nice again. And no, he didn't want the key, he wanted her to keep it for him.

Another boss (skinny nervous jittery man) actually said "EVERYONE is working this weekend, so don't make any other plans... You ALL better be here or heads will roll."

Heads will roll? Heads will roll? WTF? Did he think he was some French King?
I didn't come in that weekend because he said that.
and my head wasn't even yelled at.

September 22, 2008 at 12:40 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)