Thanks for this, Steve Mcqueen
Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just came back from driving lessons. I'm doing pretty well, says my teacher and he says I can take my exams in september. I hope I make it. I read in the Neile Adam's book (about Steve Mcqueen) that he used to take one of his cars for a ride if he wasn't feeling well. Driving was the one thing that could calm him down. He really dug it. And I thought: "Why don't I have such a relationship with driving? Why don't I see it as a way of relaxing?!". And I tried that today. Apparently it worked. This Mcqueen frame-o-mind did my driving good!

I hope I get my license very, very fast. Oh, but at 26, it can't ever be fast again.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis thinks Steve probably drove on beautiful canyon roads and on the pacific Coast Highway or up the coast to Santa Barbara and back. Those roads were so pretty back then.

July 10, 2008 at 8:44 AM 


Blogger Shopaholic D had this to say:

I hate driving, but it's pretty congested around here, and I can't stand traffic. the comment above by dennis reminded me of some trips i've taken down long country roads with endless fields and sun and sky - those were pretty relaxing.

:) D

July 15, 2008 at 7:59 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)