Hooray for boobas
Sunday, July 20, 2008

So, I buy underwear two times a year, always during sales. I know my size, I know what's comfortable, so I'm in and out within half an hour. I like it like that. Two weeks ago, I went to the usual lingerie store and as always, I scooped arms full of the shit and was headed over to the fitting room. Then this elderly saleslady came up to me and asked which size I wear. Well, uhm, not that it's any of you business but it's 75B. And then she told me that I wear the wrong size and that I should try a 70C. Nigger whut?? I turn into a bit of a sheep when it comes to older women who tell me what to do, I don't know, they remind me of my grandma or something. The one with la bouche grande (I only got French for 2 years in high school, can you tell?). I am an adult but something in the way older ladies approach me gives me no option than to just do what the hell they tell me to do. Pronto.

Anyways, I went in with one extra bra in 70C and that old miss know-it-all kept getting in and out of my fitting room, giving me loads of other big bras to try on, adjusting my bra straps (tighter than tight!! My GOD!) and giving me unwanted advice. It was awkward and I broke a sweat. Ugh.

But you know what? I bought two sets in my old size and two in the new size. I've worn them these past weeks a few times and guess what? The 70C does fit me better!! I don't feel my bra anymore during the day, which is good. I guess granny really does know best...:-)

It's weird to be a C-girl, I've been a B-girl since age 15. Am I becoming an adult now?

ps. Belgium was great! But I forgot my camera:-( B did take pics with his phone but I don't have them here. I do have our camera here, so I can take pics of the clothes I got made in Vietnam plus my cool shoes that I bought in Gent. But I have to go iron ten weeks of laundry right now.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Friglet had this to say:

I've always heard that you should get fitted for a bra by the sales lady because most people are wearing the wrong size. But, I just can't make myself do it!

July 21, 2008 at 9:12 AM 


Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

i thought I wore a 36 B for years--i really wear a 32D or dd. It has to fit right around the body--most of the holding up work had to be done around the middle, and bras stretch, so they should be replaced when needed. when buying, always make sure it fits snug on the LAST hook, that way you can adjust as the bra stretches out. The straps should not be doing all the work of holding those girls up. keep them perky. You can easily self-fit a bra-- there are online instructions.

it makes a world of difference!!!

July 22, 2008 at 8:57 AM 


Blogger edward had this to say:

old ladies know stuff, it's freaky. it usually pays to hear them out.

July 22, 2008 at 8:59 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)