When a child is not happy, he's never ever happy again as an adult. He can never be truly happy.
Friday, June 13, 2008

My mom is leaving her latest boyfriend (once again) and told me to move out of this house where we, in paper, live together. She has decided that she's going to live here. B and I have been talking about buying a house together but we'll probably won't get that ball rolling until after this summer. We want to do things in our own time.
I told her my Dad is coming to visit me next month and that he comes first. Until he flies back I'm not leaving.

I also told her that I'm through with her. I love her but I can't stand her egocentric ways anymore. She has always let herself and the men in her life come first. I was physically sick from all of this for two days but I'm feeling better now. I think maybe it's part of growing up, my mom is getting another place in my life. My brother didn't speak to her for 2 years when she divorced her husband before this boyfriend. In fact, she was persona non grata with our whole family for two years. Even my grandma didn't want to see her. I was the only one who was there for here and stood by her. I wasn't happy either with the way she lived her life and the way she hurt people. But after hating her through my whole pubescent years I was determined to have a solid relationship with her. And we did have that for a few years.

But now that she's "in" the family again she pulls a stunt like this. I really hope I can do a better job if I ever have kids of my own.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I am sorry about this. You have to do what is best for you! And YES, you need to break the cycle when you decide to have kids. I had to do it also!

June 16, 2008 at 6:53 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)