Don't let society get you
Sunday, May 18, 2008



On saturday B and I went to an exhibition. It's called the Ninth Floor and the artist photographed a bunch of people who were living in a Manhattan appartment and whose lives revolves around shooting up, getting down and being hungover, and then trying to get some more money to begin all over again. It was impressive, it really got to me.

You also saw a couple, (the girl pictured above) who moved out of the appartment and got a child. The child was soooo cute! The baby went on an opium program to wean her off of the heroin and I got the impression she was very healthy. They lived like a 'normal' family with a house and stuff, although neither of them had a job. The guy was applying to go to school again and in an interview you heard him say that he was so happy and the "People are inherently good. All the bad is learned later on, 'cause there is nothing evil in my little girl".

And I think he's right. I hope they are doing well.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis is glad he wasn't born addicted to heroin. He already feels his mother was not 100% on board with the pregnancy and all. His self esteem would have suffered if he discovered she did drugs while he was in utero.

May 19, 2008 at 12:13 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)