Family ties and scary movies
Sunday, April 27, 2008

The party I threw for my granny was great! We had lots of fun talking, eating and drinking. It was the first time that I invited a group of family members over and it was very nice. We were indeed a merry bunch. My mom is only 20 years older than me and she has 4 brothers who are younger that are more like big brothers than uncles. We all drink Johnny Walker/cokes so I had quite a bit of a buzz going. B had a wonderful time too, it's so nice to see that he's totally accepted and just part of the family.

Today we didn't do much, I didn't have a hangover but... you know how it is...

But we did watch REC. It's this Spanish horror flick that has won lots of prizes so I was really excited to watch it. I am a big fan of horror movies but not with zombies and gore but with ghosts and voodoo and satan worshippers and stuff like that. I loved Blair Witch Project too, it's so thrilling.



But REC was a bit of a let down. The story was pretty good but the makers kept to the surface... I thought they could have gone deeper with the whole why and what. What really bugged me was that it was being filmed by a cameraman in the movie but it was so bumpy it really irritated me: he was a professional cameraman and he couldn't shoot for shit! Totally unbelievable. It did make me shriek a bunch of times, which is always good a good feeling.

Labels: ,






5 Comments:
Blogger SlowCatchUpKuan had this to say:

u r so brave LOL i can't watch horror flicks. it gives me the creeps..

April 28, 2008 at 5:11 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I like creepy horror flicks-- Rebecca by Hitchcock has all these layers of creepiness...

zombies and a lot of blood don't really do it for me either , but stupid movies like "the legend Boggy Creek" have scared me-- horror short stories creep me out too.

hey glad you had a fun party! and keep being YOU, I think as long as you have Savoir Faire (I just discovered what that actually means as opposed to what i thought it meant cuz I just looked it up )

as long as you have that you can let your freak flag fly--just my opinion.

April 28, 2008 at 3:37 PM 


Anonymous Jenn had this to say:

Glad your party went well.
Not so sure about that horror flick though. The older I get the less I can enjoy them. I am much more of a PG-13 horror movie fan now.

April 29, 2008 at 8:44 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

Oh This site wqas very helpful for me, I blended this with my grannie's method, and it made sense.


http://www.learntarot.com/

April 29, 2008 at 5:49 PM 


Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis says......sigh....sigh....

May 1, 2008 at 9:25 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)