A crying granny is never good.
Friday, April 25, 2008

I woke up at 7 this morning and it's SATURDAY. What am I, 80 years old???

But it came in handy because I'm throwing a little party tonight for my grandma and my house is a mess so I'm gonna clean this shit up and do some grocery shopping. My mom is cooking the dinner since I'm not that good of a cook. I never throw family get together's but my mom told me that my granny was crying a few weeks ago because she doesn't have the greatest, warmest bond with her kids and grand kids. We all love her and we see her quite often (waaaay more than any of my friends see their grannies) but I guess it's more about the quality than the quantity for her. It's weird 'cause my gran is a very tough woman. Always makes sure she gets what she wants and is very, very outspoken. And in her heyday she used to wrap men on all of her ten little fingers. Or so I heard from my great-grandmother. So it was weird to hear about her (overly?) sensitive side.

I'm throwing her a farewell party 'cause she's going on a vacation for a long time. She's a traveller too, she's been around the world... She's pretty darn cool, come to think of it.

Labels:






4 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

she does sound like a cool lady! To make her feel more wanted, ask a lot of advice. All people love to be asked for advice, but grannies often have not only the advice, but some actual story that happened to them that illuminates their point. (That the advice is sound)
Old men for some reason, are not as on target when it comes to advice as old women. Even their money, housing and job advice is never as good as an old women's.

April 26, 2008 at 6:42 AM 


Blogger dennis had this to say:

old ladies have nicer laps too.

April 26, 2008 at 8:54 AM 


Blogger Dan Wayne Sims had this to say:

I like Cjris ellioot show too.

April 26, 2008 at 11:05 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

Hi -- I just saw Laura perfume reviewed on my friend's perfume blog anyway it sounds beautiful--I have to try it now!


http://pinkmanhattan.blogspot.com/

April 26, 2008 at 9:33 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)