He is there!
Saturday, March 22, 2008


I LOVED this movie! Loved him having different identities. I too believe that there's not one "real" me. Some people say you're totally yourself when your home alone when nobody's watching. I disagree, I think you are always yourself but different proporties and features that are all part of you come out in different situations, times and company. And then there's this vision of what people around you think you are but I think that what they perceive also influences who you are at different times. So those people "make" you, too.

I loved the cast, Charlotte Gainsbourg was wonderful, as were Heath Ledger and Richard Gere. Also the little boy, Marcus Carl Franklin was fierce. I loved the way he talked and when he says his name "Woody Guthrie" it sounds so precious. Martin and I had sushi and the 50 year old Chinese waitress was being a total bitch. We had lots of sake so we didn't let it get to us. And Martin is far more easy going than me so that made me chill instead of making a big deal about the waitress. The lady next to me at the theatre asked me if I had smoked a joint, she thought so by hearing me laugh and giggle so much.

We had lots of fun, yesterday. I say go see.

Labels: ,






4 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I love Cate Blanchette... and Charlotte Gainsbourg looked liked interesting casting! Will be interesting to see Ledger & Williams too.

I have tickets to see this film Wednesday Night.

March 22, 2008 at 8:22 PM 


Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

Love your film reviews. You were so right about that Blueberry nights movie.

March 24, 2008 at 5:28 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

That is one of the nicest compliments I ever had.

But I'd forgotten what I said about the Blueberry nights, so I looked it up and I saw that I used the word "suck" in the review 20.000 times. I don't know if that's a good thing!

March 27, 2008 at 2:32 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

This comment has been removed by the author.

March 27, 2008 at 2:32 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)