Work bla bla money bla bla being an adult bla bla
Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Even though I have a job, it's only a temporary job so I check the ads every day just in case someone's opening up a window, waiting for me to jump in like the monkey that I am. So in average I apply for about 4 jobs a week since we've been back from Asia.

Today I got a call from a translation bureau and they want to see me this friday. I made a mistake, all went well in the conversation at first but I was at work so I wasn't comfortable. I walked to the hall and there was some lady who tried to ask me something: "Excuse me ... " but I motioned her that I was on the phone. She irritated the hell out of me, she heard me speaking did she think I was talking to myself?! Djeez!

Then, when the man asked me what day I'd be available, I checked my agenda. And I said with an accent in our language similar to a Queens accent in Manhattan: "I'm gonna geeet my agenda". With the accent on get.
Why the fuck did I check my agenda for in the first place??? I work 5 days a week, during the day I'm nowhere else but at WORK!!! I'm such an idiot (yes, I'm aware of the pattern).

So there are two things that bother me:
1. The ACCENT. Damn, sista don't go speakin' in no accent on the muhafuckin' job.
2. the woman in the hall that I send about her business. First of all, she threw me off. Second of all, I did not help her. That's not nice, and although I know I'm not nice, I don't want this potential boss-man to know that.

Normally I'm not this bothered with potential employers. But this is the first interview that I got on my own, without a recruiter. And the man sounded veeeeeeeeeery formal. More formal than the professors at uni. So we'll see how this'll unfold.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger Ms. Wollstonecraft had this to say:

Don't worry about it--things work out.
As for the woman who interrupted you when you were on the phone, she knew better, but apparently thought it was a personal call, so she could interject a work question. Don't sweat it--you will go far in life!

ps. Was the dude too formal a mofo? mebbe you don't want to work for heem.

February 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM 


Blogger goatman had this to say:

Decency and kindness are always best. That way you don't wonder why you lost ,or got, the job.

Best of luck in your quest for meaningful employment.

February 28, 2008 at 3:27 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)