A shitload of pictures - part two
Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We took so many pictures, and I can't not share them with you, so here goes round 2!

A picture of a very young (looking) mother in Halong Bay, selling seashells out of her boat. Her kiddy was munching on a plastic bag.


This was some cool cat in one of the gardens in Hanoi where you could drink some tea and mellow out. It was a very nice place to get away from the very very very busy Hanoi Old Quarter area.
I didn't mind sitting in a bus for hours 'cause this was our view.


Hanoi was very cold so we decided to take a nightbus (don't recommend it but you don't lose a day) to Hoi An, a very picturesque little village with 100000 tailors. I fitted 6 dresses, two jackets and two skirts. I couldn't believe the prices, but still, bargaining is mandatory.



The weather was great here! There was a Chinese assembly hall in Hoi An and this big ole dragon was hanging out in their garden.

A 7-day work week is normal in Vietnam. This results in sleeping on duty; this market vendor was taking a nap under his goods!



Dog meat is quite common on the Vietnamese menu. I don't know if he's aware of that...

We went on a little boat ride with a 80-year-old lady. She lived on the boat in this picture together with her family members. We paddled to her house and she started poking her granddaughter so she could show her to us but she didn't budge. It felt weird. This old captain-lady was one of the nicest people we met!



A sleeping Buddha in the Nha Trang area, so peaceful...


... his feet...

...his bro...
He makes me sleepy too! I'm gonna hit the sack and rise early. I guess round 3 is coming up very soon.

Labels: ,






4 Comments:
Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis would love to see the Buddha!!!!!

Dennis loves all the pics!

February 6, 2008 at 4:31 PM 


Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

GREAT that you got all the new clothes--cool!

February 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Love all the pictures!!! You need to get yourself a Flickr account, so you can upload them all there and organize them in sets.

February 7, 2008 at 6:07 AM 


Blogger Jenn had this to say:

I am really enjoying your photos. I would love to visit there myself some day.

February 8, 2008 at 7:53 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)