They've bitten!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yay! They went with my salary! It's so nice to get what you ask for. That's not necessarily what you deserve.

Money, money, money it's so funny. On our vacation it was clearer than ever that money=power on earth. Of course, I already knew that (heard about it, haha) but wasn't consciously aware of it. I'd like to think that out here it isn't a big factor in our lives, and I really do think it isn't. For me and my girlfriends and also for my male friends money isn't a factor when it comes to choosing a partner or friends. In our everyday life, it isn't important who has money and who doesn't. We act nice or obnoxious to whoever is in front of us, if we feel like it. But maybe that's because we're all from middle-class families and the differences between us are not that big. I love that about this country. God, this vacation's made me so nationalistic, I didn't know I had it in me!

All is well, and money ain't a thang in our lives. We're not materialistic. We know people are more important than paper. But I'm sure glad I'm gonna get a bigger paycheck than I initially thought I'd get! No problems in the bill-paying-department...more clothes...more eating out! And a bit more saving, of course. Must not forget to be smart when handling money.

Labels:






5 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

Money is important--always save as much as you can, and enjoy what you don't save--and you'll be OK.

February 12, 2008 at 1:32 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

Does this mean you'll be blogging less? Can't wait to hear about your new job.

February 12, 2008 at 1:33 PM 


Blogger H had this to say:

Congratulations! It can be hard to ask for what you want and deserve.
The last job I got, I was all excited because the salary was "a lot" higher than what I'd ever made before. Then I got my cheque and the government took, like, half in taxes. That was a sucky realization for me.

February 12, 2008 at 5:13 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

Maybe I will ask for a raise.

February 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

hey me and cergie need your birthday (month/day) for an experiment. (leave it at my blog, pls) thx.

February 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)