Last pictures, I promise!
Sunday, February 10, 2008

It already seems like a hundred years ago that we went on vacation, I'm definitely happy to be here again. Emily and I slept over at Cris' place last night. We talked, ate, drank and I watched 10 episodes of Weeds ('till 4 am haha) on Emily's new laptop. I'm addicted!! I looooooooooove Elizabeth Perkins, always loved her and after seeing this I love her even more! So much love I feel like a fucking hippie. After breakfast I jumped on my bicycle, went home, took a long shower and a facial mask and now I'm sitting here.

I have three job interviews this week, two tomorrow and one on tuesday. I always groom and pamper myself the day before job interviews. Do my nails, face and pick out something nice to wear. And hit the sack very early. This is the last Asia picture post!



Our view from the cab after we waited for 6 hours on the Nha Trang airport only to hear that our flight to a wonderful little island called Phu Quoc, had been cancelled due to shitty weather. We really didn't want to stay in Nha Trang, it was not too horrible but 4 days was long enough. We decided to take a cab to Saigon for 8 hours and try to get on a bus to Ragh Gia and catch a boat to the island. All in all it took us 30 hours to get to the island! I was beat!


The 2,5 hours on that boat were HELL, I tell you. The waves were incredibly high and I was so seasick (never been that sick before) and I puked three times! I couldn't even see straight, I was so sick but B told me later that 30 other people were right there with me. People even threw up on the floors so the stewardesses had to keep cleaning up after the pukers. I was too sick to even register that. Thank God. B was, as always, my rock as he kept dabbing my back and head with a wet cloth.



But after that we were in paradise! This was the view from our porch. First we got a house with no view, then one with a little bit better view but after telling the staff repeatedly that he wasn't happy, we got a real nice house with this perfect view! B was very persistent on this vacation, let me tell you, and it worked like a charm. It's a good thing he's only this way once a year with me when he really wants something important like.... move in together. I'm the small-stuff-sweater over here!

Since they say one image says more than a million words, I'm gonna just shut the fuck up for a moment and let the photos do the talking. This was all on the island of Phu Quoc. A definite GO-SEE when you're in the region!











This is where I have to jump in. Clearly, it's very difficult to stop talking.
We rented a motorcycle for a few days and one day our ride ended at this bridge because I didn't dare to go over it. I walked over it and it was alright for walking but with a motorbike? It seemed too risky to me. B, of course, wanted to do it but I gave it the ixnay. Can you relate??? We met an extremely nice older Swiss gentleman on the airport later who was also homesick so we hitted off immediately and he told us there were three bridges after this one who looked way worse so I was very happy that we didn't go over in the first place.


A little deserted beach after we drank a coke with a nice family with whom we couldn't speak.


Our little mosquito-eating friends!



They had a bunch of cows walking around at the resort, who ate grass with a vengeance. They were so cute!

This was a waterfall with little water. We hiked all the way up with our guide aka the Funky Gibbon. He was one of the few people who didn't rip us off and was just very friendly and made sure we didn't fall or something. Plus he had a contagious smile.



So long Phu Quoc! We had a blast!


During our last days in Ho Chi Minh, we went on a tour to the Cu Chi tunnels where the Vietcong hid and did their thang. This is my flat ass in one of the tunnels, I am a small person and they made the tunnels wider and higher for the tourist so imagine how tiny they were for real, in the old days. I got a headache from being under for so long so I was shocked at how they could live there for years on end.


Boobytrap!



The end in Kuala Lumpur.
My God, this vacation was cool. It was very good for us two, to be on our own for a month. Who knows where this year will bring us, we hope to move in together, find good jobs and save enough money to take a nice vacation again, at the end of the year. But the destination won't be Asia, that's for sure!

Labels:






5 Comments:
Blogger H had this to say:

These pictures are wonderful. I'm not very well travelled, so they help me imagine. I'll bet the trip really changed your life.
And I've been needing a new show to watch on DVD, so maybe Weeds will be next. I don't have a TV, so I use my laptop for everything.
Good luck on the job interviews! You'll kick ass.

February 10, 2008 at 7:45 AM 


Blogger taco fetishist had this to say:

Pics are fabulous. Love the idea of lizards for pest control, too.. the tunnels must have been interesting.
This was a major trip!

February 10, 2008 at 9:32 AM 


Blogger phd girl had this to say:

Love the pics. ALL of them! I must have been some adventure!

I loved Elizabeth Perkins in Moonlight & Valentino.

February 10, 2008 at 7:53 PM 


Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis wonders where the new food picture is.

February 10, 2008 at 10:13 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Me too! She played the widow part so well, so subtle and vulnerable.

It was a small movie but the story was beautiful.

February 11, 2008 at 6:18 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)