Animals find no luck with me
Friday, February 29, 2008

I was reading Diablo Cody's blog and she wrote about her mom telling her that she's a great nurse because she used to gave her My pretty pony 17 baths and wrapped her up in tons of toiletpaper when her toy had pony fever or something.

And it made me think of the hamster I had when I was 13 and I thought I ought to give him a bath. I bathed him and the day after he didn't wake up at feeding time like he used to. He was all hard and cold. I put him in a box and kept him warm for a few hours and sometimes he wasn't dead anymore because he squirmed with his eyes closed. He made no contact with me whatsoever. I was really scared and I called my 15-year-old brother who was at his teacher's house and the teacher diagnosed near-death. So he took my hamster to our yard and he sealed the deal by crashing his itty bitty skull with a rock. I can still hear the hitting rock.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger dennis had this to say:

Dennis thinks a quick death is better than long slow suffering. Dennis kills rodents very quickly. A quick bite to the jugular.

March 2, 2008 at 7:05 AM 


Blogger Bob Dylan had this to say:

I only have good luck with cats and dogs. Turtles, Fish, rodents--all difficult pets really. Cats are extremely easy care and I am lucky that my cats are affectionate.
I could never get any affection from the turtles and they got weird illnesses. Turtle experts are pricey.

March 2, 2008 at 3:35 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)