Weird profession
Sunday, December 16, 2007

This was a very different sunday than usual. I went to Cris' work, she works at a home for old mentally disabled folks. They live in a house with 25 people and they have 8 caregivers. There are people with Down syndrome, people with very strong autism and folks with other stuff going on that I don't know about. Sometimes Cris has to work the night shift and then she has to sleep there. We usually call eachother when she has one of those nightshifts. That wouldn't be for me, you are the only caregiver there with all those people.

They had a pre-Christmas celebration-thing, with food and drinks and open for family too. The food tasted weird. I helped out with drinks, food and dishes. It's so weird, it's a whole different world all on itself.

After that we went to decorate her Christmas tree but we ate and smoked some hay and forgot all about the tree.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)