That could've worked out not so positive
Saturday, December 1, 2007



Oh, I really wanted to share this with y'all.
Last weekend I went barhopping with the girls. At 1:00 I noticed a guy with a complete lack of pigment aka an albino coming in. Albino's have fascinated me all my life. How would it feel like, if you can't ever sunbathe?
I wanted to ask him if it would be ok if I took a pic with him but I didn't dare. That would be a very wrong thing to do. I saw that he was with some people but he didn't really stand in his circle. More like a close outsider.

So, two hours later I had consumed (more than) enough alcohol and I found the balls to approach him. It turned out that his name is Mike and he's this very clever 20-year old who studies bio-chemics at a technical uni near me. We talked for quite a while and he was happy to take a picture with me. I introduced him to my friends and then we went our seperate ways. We never discussed his albinism but just stupid things people talk about when they're in a bar. I'll never delete his picture from my phone!

Labels:






2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

You were smart not to bring up Albino-ism. Have you ever seen the film "The Station Agent" (Michelle Williams is in it) and a dwarf actor --I can't remember his name and Bobby Cannavalli. anyway, the dwarf is just an average guy, but the first thing people React too, or over react to, is his lack of height. He is a little grumpy and bitter due to probing questions.

That being said I have also met people who wanted to discuss their most personal selves right away-- a friend and I met these identical looking guys in a pub-- here is what they said right away.

Guy One: Hi, We used to be triplets!
Guy Two: But then one of us died.

I just walked away but my friend hung out with them all night.

December 1, 2007 at 7:14 AM 


Blogger Chedwick University had this to say:

We could use an Albino student. What special talents do Albinos have?

December 1, 2007 at 10:23 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)