I know, this is totally not important
Friday, December 7, 2007

I find this so weird. I've had the same jeans-size for years. But, lately I've grown out of a bunch of them which sucks 'cause they were great. But all great things must come to an end, I understand how it works. But, when I buy new pants, it turns out I still have the same size as the old one. And a few weeks ago I bought two pairs in a bigger size and they are too big for my flat ass. They look stupid and mom-like. Not that there aren't any cool moms out there (my mom's pretty cool) but... you know what I'm talking about.

So due to my pants shortage, I'm sitting here in my robe, next to the heater which I'd put on far too hot so that the pants that just came out of the washingmachine can dry on them. I'm meeting Kim for a sushi dinner in an hour. I should call to tell her I'm running late.

Have nice weekend, y'all!

Labels:






6 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

it is a laundry related problem. Are you using various laundromats? even a home washer/dryer can mess up pants that aren't supposed to shrink--esp the dryer. buy them a little roomier and you can wash and dry them without fear.

also those partially stretch jeans lose their stretch in the dryer and can lose the weave almost.

December 7, 2007 at 11:56 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I've had jeans tailored on occasion-- I bought these pricey jeans I adore in Dublin but they were always too big-- I got them tailored for 18 bucks. Worth it. they are my "Dress Jeans"

December 7, 2007 at 11:58 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I know this is off subject, but I've been to Madurodam twice. I was really excited by the little sugar factory that gives you a tiny sack of sugar (an actual sugar cube) I stayed there for many hours each time. The tiny stock exchange, the nude subathers, the wedding party... -- I find it more fun than an amusement park. The first time I went it was pouring rain and cold--I was happy because no other tourists were there so I could go around and see everything--I was completely drenched, but happy.

December 7, 2007 at 7:32 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

I have a home washer and own no dryer.

I did bought two roomier but they are too loose around the butt and the legs. It sucks! Everything is either too big or too small.

Maybe I'll get them tailored too, that's a good idea.

December 8, 2007 at 8:11 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

If jeans are tight--let them air dry--not on the heater.

December 8, 2007 at 2:56 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Duh, but the two roomier ones must be dried on the heater or in B's dryer! Otherwise it's better to not wear them at all, they're so unflattering.

December 9, 2007 at 3:23 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)