He ain't no fraud, I don't care what they say
Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lately, I've been tuning into the Discovery Channel more frequently than I used to. And I'm watching far less movies than before. I don't know what caused that. Anyhow, I'm becoming a big fan of this guy named Bear Grylls. Have you seen him? He has this show called Born Survivor where he goes into the depts of the amazone or into the desert of (South?) Africa or Alaska. Then he's dropped there with nothing, no food or tent and he has to live on what he can dig up in the wilderness. His mission is to find civilisation.

In that African episode, he discovers a fairly fresh carcass of a zebra who had been killed by lions and he rips up a piece of neck and chows down.



It's unbelievable. The guy's got survival skills galore, he was with the British SAS force and had climbed the Himalaya at age 23. One out of six people who try to climb that bad mofo die during the attempt. It's brutal. I love that show!!!

Plus, he's very easy on the eye;-)



There's a bit of controversy around the shows 'cause people have claimed that he's fake and isn't actually lost. Who cares? It's about what he does there and what he knows!! He gives all these very useful pointers like, if you're in Africa and you don't have any water you can drink the liquid out of an elephant's freshly dumped dump. His digestive system does something so that it's almost sterile or something. What more could we, viewers, ask for?

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

well, is he doing self portraits, or does he have a cameraman with him? His bosses must be tracking him and have at least a general idea of where he is.

Have you read "Into the Wild" yet?

December 13, 2007 at 1:24 PM 


Blogger H had this to say:

Okay, the elephant dump dump information is probably the most interesting thing I have learned in a long time. I must watch this show.

December 13, 2007 at 4:34 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)