The good Samaritan, I'm not
Saturday, December 8, 2007

On a light(er) note, I (well B and I) have been invited to two Christmas eve dinner parties by both Karolyn and Marianne. Karolyn's guestlist is not so appealing but she asked me first. Marianne's will have more grandeur and more people I'd like to spend Christmas with. What are these, grown-up-playground-like hassles? The best thing to do is not go to either one of the dinner parties, I think.

Oh, gone are the days when I'd just do whatever the hell I pleased and not take any other people's feelings in consideration. Some days I long for that but I know, I know, it's no good to live my life that way. Or maybe they're not gone altogether....

B's ill. He thinks it's from the shots we got yesterday. I was not feeling well a few weeks ago and B didn't come to take care of me. I thought I held no grudge, that I understood. I did. But now that he's ill I haven't offered to go down to his place and act a nurse. That's what I'd normally do but it turns out I'm not grudgeless. It doesn't help that I have a bit of a hangover, Kim and I went to a birthday and the opening of a club in the city after sushi. The club sucked ass. Maybe I'll feel more like Nightingale this evening or tomorrow morning.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

If I could finesse it, I would go to the party I wanted to go to, rather than none at all. Maybe the other friend would understand-

put on yer thinking cap!

December 9, 2007 at 6:12 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

You're right, the friend will maybe understand, but I know she really does not like the feeling of being left out or passed over. She's been like that since we were young and since her (ex) bf cheated on her she's like that even more.

I know it'll hurt her feelings, if I choose Marianne's party over hers.

December 10, 2007 at 5:16 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)