No title
Sunday, November 18, 2007

This was a very nice weekend (once again). Gotta hold on to this feeling tomorrow morning when I'm getting ready for work!

I had dinner at Karolyn's with Marianne and another girlfriend of K's on friday. It was really nice. Karolyn has changed a lot since her ex-boyfriend cheated on her and that's really sad. She's become a bit bitter and insecure. Everybody has their insecure moments but she'd dyed her hair white/blonde shortly after they had broken up and had cut and dyed it brown again last week. She cried because she's scared that she won't have as much male attention anymore. Nigga whut?!?!
If a guy's cool he will see your beauty, no matter what color your hair is. If he doesn't give you the time of day if you're a brunette than he isn't worth a damn!

It's really weird because I always notice that my pretty girlfriends get more attention than the less pretty ones. Regardless of the color of their hair. But that's apparently not the case at all times. I spent the night at her place and we talked for hours! It felt like we were 13 again!

Yesterday B and I got our shop on. We both needed shoes and he went for sneakers, as usual.
I bought these beauties:



I know, I know, I have to clean my bathroom..no time for housekeeping this weekend, oops.

I had 300+ dollar store credit at a store I never buy shoes at and what do you know... they had these! Just my luck! And they were not as expensive so I got some money back. Yay!!! We went out for sushi and the waitresses made a mistake so we got a big ass discount. So that was all very nice.

Today we went to a motorrace on the beach. It was ok, but not as exciting as I'd imagined. Those motorbikes and riders are really flexible yet sturdy so they were up for any sandy challenge.

Sleep tight.

Labels: , ,






5 Comments:
Blogger Kristine had this to say:

Why do boys have to make girls' lives so difficult. Sigh.

November 18, 2007 at 3:51 PM 


Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

LOVE the boots--wish I had a $300 credit at a shoe store... lucky you. They are really nice boots.

boys make girls lives difficult because we let them--if you look back from a safe distance of a few years, you can always see exactly how we let them do it.
But during the "turmoil" we are clueless as to why.

i have a friend who lived with her boyfriend for 10 freaking years, everyone could see he just wasn't that into her, but she talked about how great their relationship was, how strong. And when he dumped her and asked her to move out a.s.a.p she was devastated. he told her there was no one else, but a new girl magically appeared a few days later, ready to move in with him!

It has been one year and she still isn't dating--bitter, afraid, not quite ready to be a doormat yet again--

My feeling is, doormat once shame on him, doormat twice?! Shame on the girls! don't do that again.

Cat--tell K to get out there and date and be BOLD!
she has to get what she wants and not accept anything less. She was way too good for him--move on and UP!

November 19, 2007 at 8:37 AM 


Blogger Tony had this to say:

hey I feels bad for your friend, she needs you now.
sometimes there is no why--
Guys just don't explain to you how selfish and stupid they can be in relationships--especially hot looking guys --they like to turn their brains off a lot.

do women still think they can "change" a guy's thinking? Men think they have some weird control over women sometimes too.

November 19, 2007 at 9:14 AM 


Blogger Tony had this to say:

ps.



"Tigger whut????"

November 19, 2007 at 9:16 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

I know. Pfff.

Well, the shoe store wasn't all that great so I was very glad that they had shoes I really dug.

You're so right, Tony. I don't mean anything by using the word nigga... it's just like in those Mark Twain novels, you see?

November 21, 2007 at 11:01 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)