Meeting Mrs. Psycho
Friday, November 23, 2007

I was really scared today. I took the tram home from central station after work. When I walked out of the tram I saw an old woman (like, 75 years old) standing on the other side of the street. She had no coat on, only a skirt and a sweater which was odd since it's shawl-wearing season and I aint no sissy. Anyways, when the light turned green she didn't cross the street which was pretty weird too. She approached me and asked if she could ask me something in this really childish, broken voice that made sure I felt sorry for her.

She started telling me about her purse that had been stolen yesterday and that she went to the police and that they, naturally (her words!!), didn't do anything and now she had nothing and if I could please give her five bucks. When she was talking I looked at her teeth. They were deep-yellow mixed with orange and her old, blue veined hands had thick tobacco stains on them. Her eyes looked so lonely. When she asked for the money I was taken aback right away. I don't like beggars. But when she went on to tell me how she didn't have anything and how she wanted to buy some canned food for her cats. I didn't know what got into me but I reached for my wallet and I gave her the money. When I handed the money over her facial expression changed immediately from helpless to rock hard and she thanked me with the exact same, cold voice Linda Blair had in The exorcist.

I skipped and hauled ass out of there. I get the chills just writing this. Forget being afraid of scary men in the middle of the night, I'm scared shitless by an old schizophrenic grandma in broad daylight. I sure hope she doesn't know where I live.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger Michele had this to say:

EW! Maybe she wanted a larger bill than you handed over?

November 26, 2007 at 7:27 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)