I'm in awe
Monday, November 12, 2007

I watched a documentary about the holocaust this evening. There was one woman whose father had been killed by the nazi's. She said that in the late 30's/early 40's friends of her father's told him he had to flee the country before it was too late. He didn't leave because he had too much faith in humanity. He'd rather have his trust betrayed than live without trusting other people. That is beautiful, it would be really hard for me to think that way.

My first day at work was ok. My co-workers are all young, that's nice. And nobody stinks so that's a big plus:-D
But I'm glad I'll be out of there in 7 weeks. 7 Weeks y'all!

Labels:






4 Comments:
Blogger One Talent had this to say:

I hate to read/watch/hear anything about WWII. I used to cry like a moron when I had discussions on WWII in history class. I had to go to Anne Frank's house when I was in Amsterdam because I can't NOT go.

November 12, 2007 at 7:37 PM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone was like that?

November 13, 2007 at 7:11 AM 


Blogger Just Beachy had this to say:

It is very sad, and the man had dignity and integrity. I agree with Soapbox, wouldn't it be nice....

November 14, 2007 at 1:27 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I cry during those documentaries too. (restrained snuffling, but still)

It is impossible not to feel pain thinking about Anne Frank's end. I still watch the documentaries though,
it kind of honors those who were killed, I mean you think about all those people.

I never wanted to visit a camp until I saw a documentary about a Cantor from Pittsburgh--he was on Schindler's list when he was a boy. He survived and took a group to several camps.

November 15, 2007 at 7:18 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)