Sista, my sista
Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I only have one brother. He's two years older than me. We don't really hang out together or anything but I can always (and I always do!) call him when I need him. Last week I called him to ask if he thinks our Dad still has size M or grown into a size L already. You know, stupid shit like that.

When I was little I always thought that I'd be best friends with my brother's future wife/girlfriend. I also thought that the sister of my husband/boyfriend would be my best friend too. I really coveted a big sister back then and I figured that I'd have two in the future. It was just a matter of time. But now, though I get along with B's sister and with my brother's girl, we will abso-fuckin'-lutely never go out shopping or having drinks together! We don't have the same sense of humour, we don't have "kinda" the same outlooks on life, we don't have the same bad taste in gossip. Too bad, eh?

But I'm lucky to have such great girlfriends. Karolyn called me this morning and she invited me over to her place for Christmas. B and I have our family obligations but maybe we'll change them. We talked about the future and if I turned out to be an old spinster I'd be hanging out at their house for Christmas every year. She said: "Yeah, you'll be the aunts of my kids for real!". Guess I did find those sisters after all...

Labels: ,






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I have a great sister, and my SIL? Well I pretty much cannot stand the girl. She is very self-absorbed and is a user. And I do not have time for that shit!

Thank god I have a good sister...

November 27, 2007 at 7:30 AM 


Blogger Just Beachy had this to say:

I have four sisters and only know one of them, and I don't get along too well with my SILs'. They are very...tactful, but not so honest. I hate that.

November 28, 2007 at 11:59 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I am closer to my cousins than my siblings (possibly the age gap thing)

November 28, 2007 at 5:33 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)