This was the best weekend I had in ages!
Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fridaynight I was supposed to pick up Kim after work for drinks. She works at a restaurant and Jean was there too (a girl I went to school with before I went to uni) so I went early and chatted with Jean the whole evening. She's just graduated and is going to visit her boyfriend in Australia for an undetermined period. We had a great time but I drank a bit too much wine and that made me a bit too foul mouthed. I can not help it, alcohol brings out the worst in me! But we still had a really good time.

When Kim was finally finished we went barhopping and we shared some secrets, just the three of us. I hadn't seen Kim in 3 months 'cause she has been travelling to Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. It was very good to see her and as usual we both had our share of warstories to tell. I'm embarrassed to admit most of them were boyfriend related. Oh well. I'm just very happy we can be honest with eachother. I don't have that trust with all of my girlfriends, and that's totally ok.

Saturday B and I spent a really loooong afternoon in a lovely little lunch-cafe with our Lonely Planet guide to Vietnam. We decided on our route, give or take because you never really know what you'll run into. But it feels great to have some idea of what we both want to do. We'll be leaving in less than 7 weeks! We also went to some stores to look at bagpacks, flashlights, mosquito repellent and pocketknives. It's half the fun!
We also watched Shrek 3. We had some pretty shitty weeks so it was great to spend some really nice quality time together, talking and reconnecting. I've said it before but I must say it again: making sure you're both happy in the relationship is tough.

So that was my weekend, I'm gonna hit the sack early so that I'm fresh for my first day at work tomorrow! I hope you had a good weekend too:-D

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger One Talent had this to say:

It's great that you had such a lovely weekend! And yes, preparing for a trip is half the fun!

November 11, 2007 at 8:00 PM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Relationships are HARD work! Sounds like it will be a really fun trip. It's coming home and getting back to reality that sucks!

November 13, 2007 at 7:12 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)