Mushy alert
Monday, October 29, 2007

B and I were going through one of our phases again. Last friday he rang the bell and sat me down for a real good chat. I was all in denial, like, hey were doin' fine, man. It's just school (damn thesis) and work (can't live with or without it) and family (people dying and enough issues to last us three lifetimes-each!) and to top that off he is in the midst of his annual winter depression.
But he didn't buy my bullshit and in the end we really made a new connection. He was right about us not paying enough attention to eachother. Sure, we called eachother like we always do and talk but he was talking about real attention. I swear, I've never met a guy that's so sensitive before. He's way more sensitive than I am. I sometimes tease him for being so soft but on the other hand he's a real guy's guy. He can fix lots of things, likes cars and sports. Thank God;-)

He took me out for Chinese food today (my ad hoc idea, hey I love unexpected dates as much as the next girl but I'll pick being in charge over a suprise any day of the week) and it was really nice to do stuff together that aren't planned. I also liked that we drank beer on a monday, because I don't do it that often. It's a Pavlov-reaction: alcohol means weekend to me!

I guess it doesn't take much to make me happy but unfortunately the same goes for sadness.

Labels:






2 Comments:
Anonymous martoon had this to say:

Just hope he does not read your blog now :D HEHE

I love chinese food - espec anything in Satay sauce, its amazing. Im really fussy with prawn crackers tho! Dont like the hard crunchy ones, prefer the soft and fluffy ones :D

October 29, 2007 at 4:40 PM 


Blogger Just Beachy had this to say:

I love Chinese as well. My hub and I went out on Sunday and had lunch and two glasses of wine. Useless the rest of the day, but it was really nice to spend time with him.

October 29, 2007 at 8:10 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)