I've got issues, you've got issues
Monday, September 3, 2007

There is no other person in this world that can make me feel overweight like my mom can. Sometimes I think she deliberately says these things to upset me. And you know, they aren't big. Little remarks or comments... maybe someone else doesn't even notice them but I most certainly do.

When I was 13 my mom asked me how much I weighed. I weighed about 94 pounds back then. And then she told me that I had to, as a women, always strive to a certain weight. And since I weighed 94 pounds, my strive-weight had to be 90 pounds. I'm lucky I was as rebellious as I was/am, because I'm sure I would have end up bulimic or anorexic if I wasn't. I thought, "Hell no! I'm not gonna be on a diet for the rest of my life! I'm only 13!". And I was a bit mad that she tried to put this bullshit on me, but I never told her that. I kept quiet but also kept on eating and at the same time kept my body moving.

Right now I'm 26 and I weigh a little under a hundred pounds. I actually think I look good, not too skinny and not too big. And I hate that after all these years my mom, and her own weight issues that she projects on me, still get to me.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger One Talent had this to say:

Yes, my parents used to do that too. I'm not sure if they were insensitive or what, but I just told myself that they had good intention. Luckily, they seemed to have accepted me. And now I weight 160lbs. I'm only 5' 2" so I'm fat. Yes, I can say it now. Like my therapists used to say: You can't control what others say to you but you can control how you feel about it.

I have a shirt that says "I have issues."

September 4, 2007 at 6:07 AM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I'd give my left tit to weigh 118 again! You looked absolutely GREAT in the picture that I saw!

September 5, 2007 at 10:05 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

I saw you pics and you, my friend, are NOT fat.

Your left tit! You crack me up!
And thanks for the compliment.

September 12, 2007 at 5:28 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)