Getting my mojo back
Sunday, September 30, 2007

I wasn't very much in the mood for blogging lately, because of my grandma's. I was also very busy at school and I couldn't really skip anything except for the day my grandma got buried. I had to do 2 presentations and I have an exam on tuesday. Suprisingly (and luckily!) everything went pretty well so I was really happy with that.

For some reason I've been hanging on to God a lot more these days. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose. Even B has taken out the Koran out of my bookcase so I guess it's contagious. And no, we're not terrorists. It's just faith, you know. Trust that everything's gonna turn out fine.

Yesterday we went into another city. I had bought a pair of boots when I was really sad last weekend. I got it in my head that I couldn't wear my old boots to my grandma's funeral. When I came home I looked with my more sane eyes and saw that they didn't really fit me. The saleslady was really pushy and I was too fragile to react in the normal way which is to think: "Fuck off with your too big-a-boots you saleslady from hell!".
So yesterday we went to trade in the boots in another city, because I didn't want to deal with that same saleslady again. We gave them back and now I have a $315 coupon for a store I never buy any shoes at. Now I've learned my lesson to never shop when I'm feeling as low as I did. B is such a good boyfriend to come with me on all these shopping trips. To show my appreciation I treated him to a nice sushi lunch :-)

Now I have to study for the exam.

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:
Blogger One Talent had this to say:

Wow! A pair of $315 boots? Is that in dollars or Euros? I don't think I've own any piece of clothing that is that expensive! =)

September 30, 2007 at 1:43 AM 


Anonymous jenn had this to say:

Glad you are feeling a little better. I would have really faught for a total refund. I can just hear me now, bitching really loud in the store about the sales lady and how she took advantage of me at such a low moment. For that kind of money, a store credit is just bullshit.

September 30, 2007 at 5:14 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

I know, I was definitely not thinking at that moment;-)

Gosh, I wish you were with me to do just that! You're right, it is bullshit. But it's my fault I'm not very good with salespeople. Even in groceries we don't mesh well. I'm just glad I don't have to look at those stupid boots ever again haha!

September 30, 2007 at 2:13 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)