So this is not exactly an Ipod but ...
Thursday, July 19, 2007

....he does make lots of noise and he's also very colorful! B's sister, her husband and kids went to Spain with his parents so now I'm the bird-caretaker for two weeks. They want to get rid of him, so if we hit it off, he's stuck with me.

I had a bird, when I was 20 or something and he flew around all the time. One night I came home and I saw him sitting in the corner by the window I had left ajar. I'd put him in his cage but the next morning I noticed he had droopy, squishy shit. By noon he was dead. I cried my eyes out; he was only 6 months old!

I also had a hamster two years ago. B and I went to Greece one summer and Ollie, my roommate would feed him and stuff. When I came home I found a note, saying the hamster went AWOL and that he left food on the floor for him. I panicked and B, like a true boy scout, followed the hamster's droppings. We found him stuck, with diarrea all over his ass in the little round hole of a dossier like this:



He had also eaten half of my slipper, there were tiny pieces of bright blue foam all over the place. I thought he was going to be alright but he died not long after this tragic incident.

So let's hope this little chick will have more luck and, of course, that I've learnt from my mistakes and that he'll get to live a long and happy life. I also hope he doesn't attract mice.

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger One Talent had this to say:

I have ornithophobia so I can't really share your joy of owning a pet bird, but I'm sure it's a fine creature!

July 19, 2007 at 11:58 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

I was reading this, and when I got to the hamster part , my mind hopped ahead a bit & I thought oh no, I hope she didn't find a little suicide not written by the hamster. now that would make me sad if one of my pets did that.

it is really sad when pets die tho and you never forget them

July 20, 2007 at 9:17 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

note , not...not...

July 20, 2007 at 9:18 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)