Better than books?
Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I heard that Stinky, you know the gross guy from work that I wrote about last week, has lived with his parents his entire life, up until both parents died a few months ago. They had a big house and his brother also lived with his parents. After they both died the two brothers both stayed in the house and after a while Stinky came to work with a big ass black eye, courtesy of his big brother. After the fight he finally moved out of his parents' house. I don't know how old he is but he looks well over 40.

My friend at work told me these stories. We always hang out together, when she goes out for a smoke I usually go with her. She also told me this week that her boyfriend is married to another woman and nobody in our firm knows about this. They have been together for 20 years, he always comes on saturday and spends the weekend with her. This sunday she went to see him at his new house (he and his wife have just moved). The mrs. was there too and she poured her tea, ate cookies with her and chatted. When it was time to go home her boyfriend gave her a pat on the back, instead of the usual good-bye-kisses. My friend is 57 years old and the fact that she won't have anyone to look after her when she's an old lady makes me sad.

It makes me want to stay in touch with her after I finish this temp job. I love her. She also laughs at all my dumb jokes.

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:
Blogger Kristine had this to say:

That's so sweet that you're worried about your friend growing old alone. Maybe she likes it that way? People are so different.

August 4, 2007 at 7:13 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

That hasn't even crossed my mind once! Maybe she does? But she already told me she wishes she had children.

August 4, 2007 at 1:44 PM 


Blogger One Talent had this to say:

I'm afraid to grow old alone. But what's worse is to grow old alone and without money.

August 5, 2007 at 10:57 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)