Poof
Saturday, June 9, 2007

What a week it was! Three days working at my normal job and then thu-fri-sat working at the design exhibition. I've met so many people, seen so many beautiful things, it was almost too much. It was definitely too fuckin' much for my poor feet. I am exhausted. I am a bit of a baby when I'm tired like this, I cry at the drop of a hat... I'm glad I have some time for and by myself tonight.


I'm gonna take a shower and watch one of my favourite movies at midnight "The Graduate" (D. Hoffman's best roll ever, in my opinion. And that scene with the spinning stripper tassles on Elaine's head on their first date; hilarious!!). I remember reading it in my English class when I was in high school, I was absolutely struck by this masterpiece. I can also recall how a schoolfriend of mine and me (we both had to read this book at the same time) were laughing our asses off over how much the word 'nodded' was written in the novel. That Ben sure did a lot of nodding in his time! I can see how difficult it is to believe we were actually very cool;-) Hope ya'll have a nice weekend!

Labels: ,






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

God, can you believe I have never seen this movie?

June 10, 2007 at 6:19 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

That whole movie is hilarious--the parents so jaded and clueless, Mrs. Robinson so lusty, Dustin Hoffman so goofy to the desk clerk at the hotel... then later at Elaine's college, the landlord and the guys that want him out of the building-- I still love the end when they take the bus....

I have to add that they did a great parody of this in Wayne's World Part Two---

Also in Wayne 2 there is a scene where Wayne meets his girl friends dad--played by fab. actor James Hong -- James Hong is in the famous Chinese restaurant episode of Seinfeld, he also played LO PAN in big trouble in little china, and was in a zillion movies like The Sand Pebbles with Steve McQueen & Candace Bergen ( a great flick)

ps soundtrack to the Graduate is pretty good too--I never liked Cha Cha music til that soundtrack!

June 10, 2007 at 7:49 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

You REALLY have to see this one, Misty! BBC shows it a lot of times, mostly at night.

You're so right, Ched! Yeah, that landlord; so funny!! Oeh, that soundtrack, gotta check that one out.

June 10, 2007 at 1:16 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)