My brother from another mother
Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My pal Otto came for dinner this evening and he brought the movie "The Departed" with him. I'm not exactly a great fan of cooking, but I do like to cook for him. He's such a thankful eater! It's funny because he actually never thanks me for dinner but his face just lightens up when I give him his plate. I really do love him. Anyways, "The Departed" sucked, as far as we were concerned. It was way too long and the cast was so promising but maybe they'd just cast it to pieces or something. There was no chemistry between any of the players. You've gotta have chemistry. I do think Leonardo DiCaprio did a pretty good job. It's about policemen, corruption and gangsters or mobsters or whatever the hell you wanna call them...numerous people get killed so if that floats your boat, I say go see;-)

Labels:






3 Comments:
Blogger Squirrel had this to say:

I thought the departed was OK for a one shot viewing. I didn't think about chemistry since the characters all mistrusted each other and were mainly enemies anyway. at least it was an honest look at cops and robbers. It had no epic quality that would make you want to see it again. Try Raging Bull or Goodfellas next time.

June 27, 2007 at 10:38 AM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I am not a big fan of that genre of film...I like a crappy comedy ANYDAY!

June 29, 2007 at 7:38 PM 


Blogger Tony had this to say:

Anchorman was so funny--and no violence at all, you should check it out. really funny

July 3, 2007 at 3:52 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)