Far out
Monday, June 18, 2007

I ate magic mushrooms this weekend with Emily. Emily and I have this little tradition that we eat mushrooms, like once a year. We've eaten them three times now and it has been great. We went out to dinner at a really nice little place where they have organic, left-turning food (or whatever) and it was yummy! After eating our bellies round we went to the videostore and rented some dvd's: Zathura, a Jumanji-like movie, only in space and The Ten Commandments about Mozes. Yep, you heard me. We weren't going bonkers because we only took one portion and shared it. We had so much fun! The movies were so fuckin' funny, I love kids' movies!!! Especially when I'm in a psychedelic mood;-)

And that Mozes movie was pretty cool too, I fell asleep during it but we'd watched the ending the next morning. We plan on renting all those Bible movies. They have pretty big budgets and quite a good cast, actually. I was very suprised. And we learned a lot, too, although we also had quite a few laughs. For example, did you know Mozes had a very short temper and had killed various people? And that the slaves from the Farao walked from Egypt to Palestina/Israel? That's a shitload of sand they've seen... I was also reminded of the fact that it's not cool to use God's name in vain. I curse like a banshee and I like it too but I'll do my best to leave God out of it as far as my cursing goes.

We cracked lots of lame jokes but on the inside I had quite a few serious thoughts. About money, and how not-important it should be. On B and me and how we should cherish every moment we have. We're doing pretty well these days, which I'm very thankful for. I also called my Dad on father's day but he didn't pick up the phone and didn't call me back.

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger One Talent had this to say:

Wow! 'Shrooms! Did you go on a trip? Did something unusual happen? Nothing?

June 19, 2007 at 5:24 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Well, we split one portion between the two of us. So, if you eat one whole portion by yourself you go all weird 'n stuff but with half a portion you just laugh and giggle the whole evening away and see weird shapes and colors. Like heads that keep shrinking and growing in the movie and all the kids had big eyes and no eye-white. It's not like dropping acid or something, it's far more mild and relaxing. You do get "epiphanies" but I think that's just stuff that you already knew but don't have the time to think about in your day-to-day life. And you don't get a hangover!

June 19, 2007 at 10:27 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)