Men don't need or want help?
Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm the biggest fan of the Chili Peppers, so from time to time to avoid having to work on schoolstuff or ironing the humongous pile of clothes stashed in my third small bedroom I surf the net looking for new interviews and shit. I came across this old list on Blender with facts about the Peppers that were mostly extracts from A. Kiedis' book 'Scar Tissue'. What stood out to me was nr. 31:

31 THEY REALLY DO GIVE IT AWAY, GIVE IT AWAY, GIVE IT AWAY NOW
Since 2000, the Peppers have quietly donated a quarter of their tour
profits to charity. “We try to focus on the kids, the environment, women, old folks — anyone who needs a little leg up,” says Kiedis.

On his list of receivers of money-well-spent are children, the world, females and the elderly folks. So basically that covers everything& everybody. Except for... men! This is not criticism, but just a big questionmark. Why aren't men ever (well, maybe they are but I don't hear much about that) on the receiving end of charity?

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)