This is not entirely because of my PMS
Sunday, April 8, 2007

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom. It's very nice Easterweather right now so we hitted a terrace to have a drink. I told her how I hate it that my Dad isn't a Dad to me like my friends Daddy's. You know, Dads that help fixing things around the house, or talk to you about the future or just come the fuck over. I know, I could come to him but he's living with my brother and we don't get along. Anyways, I've been paying my Dad's telephone bill for the last 5 months and I've been thinking about telling him that I can not pay them anymore. It's true because I've quit my job so money's tight right now but it's also more because I'm a bit dissapointed that he doesn't want to see me. I know he's dissapointed in me too because I asked him to leave. And I know he's a very proud man so that's the reason he doesn't want to come over anymore. And I know that if I don't pay his bills anymore, he'll not only not come and see me but he'll also not call me. In the two years that he lived in another country he called me twice and I called him like 100 times. I love my Dad but that really hurt me.

I did get a bouquet of really nice flowers from my old manager as a bye-bye/thank you token:



So nice things come from unexpected corners sometimes. Gotta love that ;-)

Labels: ,






4 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

it is hard when children have to raise the parents, but you have to know when to make them stand on their own two feet. If your parents are old and feeble, or ill, there might be places you can go for help. If it is just family dynamics, then you need to speak to your dad about his expectations. I guess if it we me, I would go to him, give him a check and explain that was it for the next few months. If you promised to pay a bill, pay it, but if it is an ongoing service pay only part or none.

April 8, 2007 at 1:18 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Thanks Ched. I really needed a pragmatic advice. It is indeed family dynamics.

April 8, 2007 at 11:36 PM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

The floweres are really pretty. That sucks about your p's. I am not too sure I agree with the "suckin it up" philosophy. It will eat at you and you really do not need that.

April 11, 2007 at 7:54 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

I agree, but I can be a bit (or better a lot!) of a jerk when I say things that upset me. I'm either a jerk or a whuss who cries her eyes out. I don't like any of those options. Have any ideas about saying not so nice things to your parents in an as nice as possible way??

April 11, 2007 at 11:43 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)