An old friend
Monday, April 9, 2007

Yesterday while taking a stroll in the city I bumped into an old girlfriend of mine. I've known her for about 7 years but we haven't been connecting for a year or something. Whenever we decide to make a date, either one of us cancels or some other thing'll happen that makes us postpone the appointment. The last time I was supposed to go and see the new place she and her boyfriend moved into. I bought flowers and all but she called to ask me if I was still coming and she made it sound like she wasn't up for it; it was also very stormy weather so she had a point there. Still I felt a bit stupid sitting there with the flowers in the wrappings. We haven't spoken to eachother since then and it was a bit awkward to see her yesterday. Not very awkward but still. We just chatted and after that we said bye and that was it. It felt good to not make empty remarks like "I'll call you and we'll get together" and stuff like that, I pull that shit with other people but I think we've been too good friends in the past to act like a bunch of fakers.

So in the end it was good to see her but it also made me sad that we've lost eachother's friendship. We never fought or anything but having boyfriends, studies, work and lots of other people to see made us not choosing eachother's companionships anymore. It's weird because it doesn't happen very often, me and all of my friends tend to stick together. I guess in life you win some and you lose some.

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

people come and go--it is the flow of things. You deserve a much better friend, you know.

April 11, 2007 at 9:04 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)