Just lettin' my hair down
Sunday, April 29, 2007

My girl Cris turned 26 yesterday and there was an old school birthday dinner, held at her new place with aunts, uncles and other relatives. They had really good food and drinks, so that's always good especially since I went downtown that afternoon to buy her a present and ended up drinking too much wine with Karolyn and some of her girlfriends. I'm such a cheap drunk and the only antidote for me is food! All the girls including Karolyn's mom are single and they were all talking about how they don't need men and how fantastic single life is. It was funny to me because that whole afternoon the only subject of our conversations was guys/boys/men. Guess they kinda need men after all;-))
One girl made the lamest remark: "Before I go home with a guy I have to see how big his dick is first. I have rights and my right is big dick". Are you kiddin' me?? That was definitely my cue to leave and go to C's B-day party.

After eating away my tipsy-ness we went to town with a bunch of girls to go barhopping. They were also all single girls looking for some action. I joked around all night drinking more and acting obnoxious. It was C and mine's mission to get her a guy. So we scanned the place all night, and the verdict was always "naaah, too skinny" or "Djeez, he looks like a neo-nazi" and "definitely gay". In the end she went home with a sort-of ok looking guy. She called me this morning to tell me he left his socks with her. When I asked her if he was any good, she told me it was becoming more and more blurry since she was kinda out of it last night.

I really like hearing all these single-girls war stories from my friends but I'm so happy to have a fairly decent man by my side who I love very very much. Even if he was acting like a bit of a jerk last night. I think he was a little bit fucked up 'cause I was out all day and night drinking, laughing and just basically lettin' my hair down. Come to think of it, that's what I've been doing the last three days. Oh well, guess that comes with the territory.

Labels: ,






2 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I am no good at being single - I hate it. I am so much happier in a relaxed state, where there are no games.

April 30, 2007 at 9:29 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Same here, sista! I do not like the game at ALL... but I have fun watching other people play it.

May 1, 2007 at 6:52 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)