Nurse Cat
Sunday, March 11, 2007

This weekend was fully booked, B and I were supposed to be going shopping in our nation's capital and I was supposed to be going to hang out in the city with some girlfriends today. Well, B got a high fever saturday and couldn't really do anything so I decided to ride my bike to his place (it's a damn 45 min. ride) to care for him. So the rest of the weekend was a bit boring, although I reeeally liked seeing my boyfriend again, since we haven't seen eachother since monday. I hate it when we see so less of eachother, it ALMOST makes me wanna move in together. But not yet. This morning I found out that his laundry room was filled with mountains of clean laundry that had to be folded and/or ironed. It totally fucked up my mood (destination: PMS city) to think that I had to be ironing all that shit for him. I also had to do tons of homework (which I'd totally forgot about, hate it when that happens), my own house is a mess and I figured I had done enough already so I opted out. I got on my bike and left. Sometimes I feel like I'm the worst girlfriend ever but I have my own house to clean, I have to study and I have to work three days a week. And I'm not anybody's mom (yet). Then why do I still feel a little bit of guilt? Can I blame religion?? ;-)

Labels:






4 Comments:
Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

Can you blame religion? that depends on which one it is!

You have to take care of yourself first, and that means your home and classwork. and some quality time alone too.

March 13, 2007 at 4:30 AM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Because you care - that's why you feel guilt. Nothing wrong with being a decent person that cares. It's when you don't feel guilt that you should worry.

March 13, 2007 at 12:43 PM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Ched: I don't know I'm a non-practising half Catholic/half Muslim and the rules in both religions make me feel guilty lots of times!

soapbox: I guess you're right... but it sucks because guilt always make me doubtful about the decisions I make; was it ok to leave& not iron or should I have done it for him?

March 13, 2007 at 12:49 PM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

when he feels well enough to go out, he'll be able to go through the clean clothes and find something to wear.

But...a high fever means he should have seen a doctor, especially if it went on and on.

I think you did what you could without making your schoolwork suffer.

March 15, 2007 at 12:19 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)