Money, money, it's so funny
Monday, March 26, 2007

When I got this new job I decided to write down what I spend and make. Before I had tons of odd, on and off jobs so it was too much hassle. Since I was getting more regular hours and income I thought it would be smart to see where it all goes. Well, the good thing is I don't spend it all on drugs or other stupid things. I spend it on nurturing myself. And by that I mean food.. lots of it. In the past four weeks I've spend the best part of my income on eating out, taking out and grocery shopping. I always go "Hey, I've worked for it, haven't I?" and off I go, having the ump-teenth dinner with my friends! It doesn't really help that my job does not exactly floats my boat. It's good for now and it pays well, but I'm really looking forward to graduating and getting a real, challenging, rewarding, grown up job. And this job, my friends, is none of the above.

In the meantime I will indulge a bit but I will also make an effort to get out of the red figures and save money for our trip at the end of this year. Besides Vietnam we will be visiting B's best friend Arvink who's going to get an sound engineering degree (or whatever the hell you call it;-) in Thailand. He'll be going to school for two years there which is great of course, but I think B will miss him a great deal. Arvink's house is like the home base for him and the other guys where they Play-station, make music and crack jokes. I guess times are a-changing and we'll all be doing our own thing more and more.

I have to stop bullshitting and get a move on. I have to write another paper (about accountability for fuck's sake!!!) that's due this wednesday. Ugh.

Labels: ,






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Everytime I really sit down and look where my money is going, it is to food also! And I really need look no further than my ass to confirm that!!!

I use Quicken to do our finances and it gives you a nice little pie graph to show you.

March 28, 2007 at 6:18 AM 


Blogger d. chedwick bryant had this to say:

the art blog "wish Jar" / Jar of Wishes on my links list has a creative way to journal what you consume.

I thought I'd linked you ...will dot hat now.

it is fun to keep track and have a goal to save up for.

March 28, 2007 at 11:17 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

It's the same with me but with my pot-belly! Djeez, I really thought it was going to be clothes?!

I'll check it out, thanks. Hey thank you for linking me! I'd like to link you too but I don't know how that part of this site works. This setup is different than the old one from blogger. I only know how to post, I have to ask the designer, Soapbox.

March 29, 2007 at 2:01 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)