I love my mom!
Sunday, March 18, 2007

My mom and I have been through hell and back together. A number of times. It has made us so strong, sometimes I can't even believe it. When I was going through puberty I hated her. I really did. She was the one who wanted a divorce, not my Dad, and I thought I was never gonna forgive her for it. It didn't make it any better that she was 34 at the time, a young woman who wanted to go out, have fun and could be a real bitch. I had a very tumultuous life growing up: moving out of both my parents' houses at age 14, experimenting with boys& drugs, did quite a lot of hitchhiking but also reading everything I could get my hands on. I basically wanted to try out everything life had to offer. School was definitely not part of the equation. I wasn't very happy at the time but it was the only way to go, I guess God wanted to teach me a lesson or two. Back then, my mom and me were miles apart; like being on different planets or something.
At one point I was done testing the boundaries (for now!) and decided I should just finish high-school, go get a degree and do something with a bit more perspective. My mom was very glad with my decision and from then on we got to see more and more of eachother. Every saturday we went shopping together and she spent so much money on me it's not even funny. But more importantly, we talked so much during those years and with every conversation I could feel us growing more towards eachother.

My mom got divorced from her second husband 1,5 years ago and it was a real downfall both financially and mentally. Her spirit was breaking right before my eyes. My whole family including my brother didn't want to see her anymore and that devastated her. But right now I can honestly say thay she's doing well. I can see the sparkle in her eyes again and while shopping today (I again, didn't find THE bag, grrr! But I did get a nice pair of jeans) she told me how much I've helped her by standing by her.

I am so lucky to have a mom who supports all my decisions, who understands me like no one else does, who I can tell anything to (except for sex-related issues 'cause that grosses me out) and who gives me the feeling that I'm that kind of person to her too! She is not my best friend, she's my very cool, funny, pretty (she's only 20 years my senior), smart MOM! I love her!

ps She doesn't know about this blog, but I think the vibes are strong enough to reach her:-)

Labels:






1 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

That is a sweet post. Your mom would love to hear that stuff!

March 19, 2007 at 1:01 PM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)