Natty dreadlocks!
Sunday, February 4, 2007

I had a fantastic evening! Black Uhuru came to town this weekend! I went to see them with three uncles, one of their girlfriend's and my boyfriend B. I have the coolest uncles, my mom has four little brothers and we all used to be pretty tight in the old days. I remember being taught how to ride a bike by uncle L when I was five. That particular uncle doesn't speak very clearly so I kept falling because I couldn't understand his directions! It all worked out fine; I'm a kick ass biker these days. The youngest, B, used to still live at my grandma's house when we were little and when we slept over on weekends we'd always watch cartoons with him. We'd watch Transformers and we pretended uncle B was Megatron, my brother R was Optimus Prime and I was little yellow Bumble Bee. Good times;-)

The concert was good! They played a lot of golden oldies and they had a very talented, enthusiastic, young opening act. So we danced all night, drank a few beers and ended up eating shoarma at an all night diner.

One thing was really strange. One of my uncles (E, who was with his girlfriend) told us he'd leave his "stuff" in the car and that we'd have to leave together. When the concert was over we couldn't find uncle E anymore. Turned out they already went to their hotel. The rest of us decided to stay for a bit have some laughs/chats/beers. After the munchies, we decided to bring his "stuff" (we didn't know what it was) over to the hotel but they didn't answer the phone. My uncle L gave us all rides home. When we got out of the car we all wanted to see what his " stuff" was so I reached over at the back of his big MPV and pulled out...an axe!!
Seriously, what the fuck?! We all know my uncle's pretty weird (he lives at the other side of the country and we rarely see him) but this was far beyond anything we ever expected!! What can you say after something like that? Never a dull moment, y'all.
I'm gonna get a good night's sleep 'cause tomorrow is the first day of my last semester at uni. Sleep tight everyone.

Labels: , ,






3 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

Okay, that is a little bit strange. Why would you need to bring that to a Black Uhuru concert?

They come here every year for Reggae Sunsplash, during the summer. Todd and I took Kaiden to see the Wailers/311 a couple months back - her first concert, she got a little certificate and everything!!!

February 5, 2007 at 6:37 AM 


Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

I found your uncle. He was here in the states doing a superbowl commercial - here!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Damn I kill myself.

February 5, 2007 at 9:22 AM 


Blogger Catlin had this to say:

Yep, couldn't agree with you more.

Ooh how cute! Did she like them? We saw the Wailers too, my boyfriend got sick from too much reefers 'n beers and we didn't see any damn certificate;-)

U is one crazy biatch!

February 6, 2007 at 9:22 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)