My great grandma troll
Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm having a good day today, I might say. I worked 'till noon, then I had a job interview. I already have an ok job, but you never know what's behind door nr. 3! And I applicated in december or something so I thought, what the heck, I might as well follow through. I think I'll hear the results after the weekend.

After that I dropped by my moms work (her job's just a block away from my house) and we decided to swing by my great grandma's. I love her. She's much closer to me than my normal grandma (her daughter) and everytime I see her I'm reminded of how fragile she is and how fast I'm losing her. She looks a bit like one of these (minus the lingerie):




Some grandkids call her grandma troll! Even her hairstyle's the same 'cause she lays in bed all the time. She dyes it black; she's still vain like that although she leaves the house once a month. She was in the hospital for a few weeks because she doesn't eat very well. That's an understatement. I suspect she's starving herself to death. When people are over at her house she's happy but she feels so lonely most of the time. My God, being old that way is fucked up. I always think about the fact that I'm probably gonna go through excactly the same things she's experiencing now. But still, it's always a pleasure seeing her.

B is picking me up in a bit, to chill at his place. I'm laying low this weekend. In one of our heavy conversations B pointed out that I've been spending much more time with my girlfriends than I used to which means I've been spending less with him. He was very subtle and totally not in complaining-mode so I'm making an effort to give him more attention. No beers with the girls for me this weekend;o) Hope y'all have a good one!

Labels: , ,






1 Comments:
Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR had this to say:

That's good that you take the time to spend with your great grandma! I never knew any of mine.

February 19, 2007 at 6:41 AM 


Post a Comment

Back To the Main Page





This is me. 32-year old, mother of 1 and living in Europe. Going through life with one hell of a man, lots of love for my family and a pretty tight circle of mismatched friends. Very self-confident even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing! (more)